Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Week #43 - Feliz Navidad!!!

First off, when I tried to write a smiley face at the end of the overly eager subject line, I accidentally hit the wrong parenthesis, and almost sent this off with a grumpy scrooge frowny face. I considered leaving it, mainly because I thought it was funny, but decided against it :)  

Merry Christmas to all! Ah, I hope it has been a beautiful year for all my loved ones :) Here in Argentina, it doesn't really feel much like Christmas since there is an obvious lack of snow, and an even more obvious presence of 100 degree weather. That combined with the fact that no one actually puts up Christmas decoration, feels more like 4th of July in my world :)  



Rameumptom


The trees and parks of San Nicolas are beautiful!
Hillary played Papa Noel for the Hermanas of her apartment.  She is such a gem!

Either way, I have loved this Christmas! I really feel like this year I understand more than ever before the story of the NiƱo de Belen. Perhaps it is due to my calling as a representante de Jesucristo at this time, but I have felt my Savior's presence more during this Christmas than ever. What a gift :)  

One of the things that truly touched my heart during this time, is the firm testimony given by the prophet of God and the apostles who lead this divine church with Christ as the head. A part of their proclaimed testimony of the Christ, titled The Living Christ is as follows:

We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary.  He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world. 

We declare in words of solemnity that His priesthood and His Church have been restored upon the earth—“built upon the foundation of . . . apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20).

We testify that He will someday return to earth. “And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together” (Isaiah 40:5). He will rule as King of Kings and reign as Lord of Lords, and every knee shall bend and every tongue shall speak in worship before Him. Each of us will stand to be judged of Him according to our works and the desires of our hearts.

We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.

How dearly I love my Savior! How grateful I am to have the knowledge and testimony that I am a daughter of God and that He, the Omniscient Creator of all, knows me and wants for me to speak with Him. It is a such a privilege to be a missionary for Him, and to bring to the truth to a world that so desperately needs the guidance He gives.

May we always center our lives around Christ, for I know that He lives.  I love you all!! Enjoy the snow for me - I'm off to get a 2nd degrees sunburn, ha ha :)

Love, love, love, Hna Lake
P.S. I got bit by another dog this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment