Monday, May 26, 2014

Week # 65 - I Love the Book of Mormon!

Hello!

I'm pretty sure that I put the same... what is that thing called? Title line? Subject? Something like that... every single week! Time limits on the computer don't allow for creativity :)  

This week has started getting cold! It's been a good one though, full of the surprises, miracles and trials that the disciples of Christ always face. Sounds like it was the same story on the state side. First off, congrats to Ashley!! Fa, it sounds like you got your call to KOREA?! That is SO NUTS! I am sure that an ample supply of jokes have already been dished out on how you will fit right in there with your towering stature and huge feet, right? :) (I`ll give you a hint, that was seriously sarcastic. I clarify because here, sarcastic isn't used that often, and Argentines don't pick up on it sometimes and actually think I'm serious. I think there was a guy in my old ward who literally thought I was from England the whole 6 months I was in San Nicolas because I jokingly told him so one time, and could never convince him otherwise afterwards, haha :) That is so great! Seems like your `ding how` insult might come into play after all :)  

Also, thanks to all who helped my family with the move this last week! My mom recently sent me pictures of how everything turned out, and it looks BEAUTIFUL! I am sure that there were many hands, and hours involved in the move, so thank you to all. I am so grateful to be a part of a church that so steadily encourages service from its members! As one who is not physically there to take part, it was an interesting role to be on the receiving side of things. I literally feel like you all did a service to me, even though I was never actually there. I understand a little better how our Heavenly Father feels when we serve one of His children now :) So, thanks.  

Couple funny moments of the week:

1) We organized a FHE/dinner with an investigator and a member couple in our ward. It seemed like a good plan at first, but the whole night was just a mixture of... crazy. Seriously, I am getting a headache just thinking about it again, haha :) We started off by going by the pick up Carmen (investigator) who stalled a good 20 minutes, so we got to the house late. By the time we arrived, Hna Bermuchi was seriously ticked because the rice was all overdone since we got there late, and by the time we calmed her down enough to sit down to eat, Carmen announced to the table that he hated rice, and had no intention of eating anything. Hna Perez and I just looked at each other, haha :) The night then proceeded to all sorts of strong character clashes, and ended with Carmen trying to convince Hno Bermuchi that she had the perfect concoction to cure him from his cancer - honey, aloe vera and a bit of every single alcoholic drink known to man, haha :) By the time we finally got everyone home and ran home ourselves, I had the biggest headache I`ve had in a while, haha.  

2) We did divisions with the Hna of Beltran this last week, and it went great! Hna Withers was telling me about their landlady, who also happens to by the mother of one of the biggest drug dealers in all of Argentina, haha :) She had a few good stories, and it was pretty hilarious to hear about it - I think their house was actually on the news a few weeks ago because the police have a license to search the house at any moment, haha.  

Okay, en fin, it was a great semana :) The highlight was... this morning I finished the Book of Mormon! I have seriously loved rereading that sacred book, and even more so in Spanish. It helps a lot to see things from another point of view.  If you have not read the Book of Mormon..... read it! 
No, really. I promise you that there is nothing that will strengthen your relationship more with your Heavenly Father than those sacred pages. I have learned and bettered myself more during my personal study than years of experience. I testify that the Book of Mormon is a book prepared to help us in these days. Allow the Lord to protect our homes and families by reading it together. 

If you want personal blessings, read the Book of Mormon personally.

If you need blessings in your marriage, read the Book of Mormon as a marriage.

If you want to help and protect your family, read the Book of Mormon as a family. 

It really does work :) I love you all!  

Love, Hna Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment