Monday, May 19, 2014

Week #64 - Footsies!

Hey crew!!

How are things on the northern side of the continent? I`ve gotten a few weather reports, and it sounds like things are warming up. I still remember when Brayden and Mason were on their missions in Brazil, and I was so confused when they told me the weather was opposite here in the southern continent. I`ll admit, knowing Brayden, I literally thought he was joking for the first month of when he reported cold weather. Then, I finally googled it, and thanks to that trusty search engine, finally figured it out :)
 
Anyway, the point of all that was to bring in the following news report - yes, it is starting to get a little cold. I can't remember if I have actually said this or not, but Hna Perez and I have already both decided that since the `Christmas` that already passed was pretty lame in our books, we`re going to hold a REAL Christmas when the weather gets a little colder. Something about your popsicle melting next to the Christmas tree just doesn't cut it. And Spain has cold weather during Christmas as well, so we`re thinking the same. Stay tuned on that one - Christmas is getting closer and closer, and hopefully it arrives before transfers do!  

Dang Dad, bummer to hear that you were finally released as Bishop. Kind of ironic since you have had so much time in that calling in the Mica Peak ward, and I have never actually seen you in that role, haha :) I was always at BYU or on my mission - still I am sure that Bishop Jensen will do an awesome job! 

Sounds like things are getting crazy with the move - hang in there! Whip out your tetris packing skills and don't break Jameson's ukulele. Fa, I have no clue how to spell that word. Also, be sure to leave a note for the new family advising them about the little pet graveyard in the garden. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the hamster, Justin cupcake anyway?  

Things are great here! There was a ward temple trip this last week with Barrio Alberdi and it was a miracle! There were so many who were able to go, including some of the recent converts and less active with whom we are working, hand in hand with the ward council. 3 recent converts and 2 less actives were able to go for the first time, along with a family that was sealed. It was beautiful - well, so I heard, since we`re not actually allowed to go since the temple is out of our mission limits. I love the temple so, and am grateful that we have so many in the states! Take advantage of it - we are so blessed there!  

Also, fun fact of the week - all the women in my ward here are nuts about one of my possessions. My little black footsie socks that we all buy at Wal-Mart for 5 dollars to wear with ballet slippers. You know the ones? well, they don't exist here, and literally almost every Sunday, another sister in the ward here asks me about them and jokes that they want to steal them from me. I tell them right back that I promise they don't want anything to do with my little socksies, since they are literally so wasted, they are only held together by prayers and a whole lot of dust, haha :)  

I have started reading again in some of the conference Ensigns that are here in our apartment. I love reading them so, because they help me feel the strength of the prophets. What an incredible time we live in! With the restored gospel, the Book of Mormon, living prophets, revelation, and the missionary work moving forward as never before. As Elder Holland teaches, THIS is the time that will never end in apostasy just as every other generation. THIS is the time that we have success, and WE will prepare the earth for the second coming of our Lord and Savior. I testify of Him, for I know He lives and that He will come again! I love the strength and peace that we find in his prophets, and in the Book of Mormon. Read that sacred book, and invite Him to help you. 

I love you all!!  

Hna Lake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment