Monday, August 18, 2014

Week #76 - Life is to be Enjoyed; not Endured!

Hello one, hello all!!  

First off, the best news of the week - sunshine! Technically, we are actually in wintertime right now, but compared to the winter we went through last year (memories of frozen cups of water in the kitchen and blue fingers come to mind, haha) this year is a piece of cake. And as of Saturday, we`ve been back to beautiful sunshine, and all if happy and warm here :)  

Another awesome bit of news - Hna Pérez and Hna Alicea (her comp) are here for Pday with us!! Sorry I'm a super lameo and didn't take a picture of the 6 of us. However, we called and got permission from Pte Zanni to have them come here to pass the pday with us! So, then came down on Sunday night, and we have been together having a blast ever since :) I love the chance I have to see Hna Perez every time we can get together, and her companion Hna Alicea is a seriously champ. She has the same time in the mission as I do, and even though we never really got to serve in the same zone or anything, I have always loved talking to her and admire her a ton. So... they´re both super cool, and it's super cool that we can all be together this pday :) We`ve got a youth activity with all the youth of the stake today, and we`re going to head over there to play a few sports with the youth, and they asked me if I would give a short spiel on the mission for all the young women. Still don't have a clue what I'm going to say, but it`ll be fun :)  

This week has been a great one! We are working a ton, and getting the area all set up for success. It's always a bit of a process, but we have some investigators that are progressing, and were blessed to find a whole lot of good investigators this last week. I think we are going to change the limits again to give the other 2 hermanas of Alberdi a bit more of the area, because it's getting almost too big of a task to juggle everything once again. But all things considered, that's more of a miracle than a problem, so we´re happy :) Few miracles of the week? 

1) This last Sunday, a man named Miguel Chavez came to church. He has been married to Elena Chavez for about 20 years now, and she is currently the primary president. However, in all that time, he has received the missionaries, but never really wanted much to do with the church. However, this last week with a lot of help from the members and miracles from the Lord, he came to church for the first time!!! It was so beautiful to see the members sit by him, help him with the books, and walk him through the classes. We didn't even have to do anything, they all stepped in and did an awesome job :) The goal is to help him accept a baptismal date this week - pray that he does!!  

2) We also found an incredible family this last week. We are working with the Bishop to pass by all the names of the less actives on the ward list that nobody knows, who got baptized 20 years ago and no one remembers them. We have seen incredible miracles from this labor, and one such miracle was this last week when we managed to find Raul Talborda. The registro is actually from his parents who have since passed away, but he was living in the home where they were before. We got to know Raul, his wife Marta, and their 7 children - they got married about a year ago, believe in God, and don't believe in smoking, drinking or allowing their children to go clubbing. Basically, they are so prepared, I was amazed. We invited them to be baptized in the first lesson, and they accepted to do so, but wanted to pray together as a family to accept the baptismal date of September 28th. Pray that they receive their answer, and agree to make the goal as a family!!  

3) Reviewing the ward list, we also found a family who had recently moved into our area, and were praying for help to go back to the church. They have now attended 2 weeks in a row, and will give some much needed support to the ward with their family :)  

Basically, I LOVE being a missionary and seeing all the miracles that the Lord works here in Alberdi. I love this area, I love these members, I love being a missionary, and I love my Salvador Jesucristo. This last week, I was studying in the scriptures and came across the following: 

4 Verily, I say unto you that ye are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump.

 5 Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father; and it is his good will to give you the kingdom.

 6 And, as it is written—Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive.

I truly know that if we live the preach the gospel as the Lord intends, we can obtain these verbs used - rejoicing, and to be glad. I love this gospel,  I know it is true, and I know that only through our Savior can we obtain true happiness. 
I love you all!! Stay strong in the gospel of Him, and remember - life is to be enjoyed, not endured:) 
Love! Hna Lake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment